1. The For Dummies series cover almost every subject you can imagine of. The wide range of subject matter attracts people on the know and saves them valuable book research time. It’s a one stop shop where they can start learning fast.
2. For Dummies books are well written by authors who have a deep experience about the subjects they are writing about. These are usually people who are professionals in the very field they are covering in these books, essentially, giving you years of experience in a book.
3. The majority of For Dummies books focus on hands on practical solutions or problem solving. They read more like a how-to guides for gaining knowledge about a particular topic or applying a solution to a specific problem.
4. Current on time information is another major reason why smart readers flock to For Dummies books. The dummies books deliver quickly on new topics and technologies. Often times the same people involved in these new topics are the authors writing the For Dummies books.
5. This might be the most important reason; The smart crowd figured out that the words “For Dummies” is just a marketing catch phrase to get the potential buyers attention. Much like the trademark yellow and black covers that’s so emblematic of the For Dummies series. Think about it how many times have you stepped into a bookstore and one of those yellow and black books caught your eye? At first I would never pick them up thinking to myself “I’m no dummy”. However, over time I came to the realization that these are great well written books.